Tuesday, December 3, 2013

More craziness

It has now been over a month since I broke my kneecap. Wow.

First, I forgot in all my writing last post to include the fact that 3 days after she broke her arm, Jane went in for dental surgery to fix cavities on her four top front teeth.

Since my last post, Kara has developed some strange and unexplained sores on her skin. The doctor thinks it might be eczema, but I am not entirely convinced by this conclusion. I will continue to monitor it. It also looks like Jane may have similar sores, which would indicate it is something else.

Last week, while making sandwiches for lunch, one of my crutches fell over and landed on my foot. Of course, I immediately and involuntarily pulled my foot out of the way, which meant that I bent my sore knee. This caused instant and excruciating pain that lasted for a long time. I felt the effects of it for over a day.

And now for the craziest thing.... we are moving. Some time in June, I applied to the subsidized housing list through BC Housing. We get put on a wait list, and when any of the properties we indicated we were interested in had a vacancy, we would get a call. I was told it would be anywhere between 3 months and 3 years until we would be at the top of the list. And then I forgot about it. The last week of November, we got TWO phone calls in three days. Mark went and looked at a unit on the afternoon of Nov 29. We spent the next 24 hours going through all the pros and cons, asking a few friends and family for advice, and trying to figure out what to do. By Sunday morning, we had decided that we should accept this offer of housing. On Monday I called the office at the complex where the unit is, and said yes. Then there was a big hassle with some wording in the rental agreement.  It all got sorted out, but was stressful. We get the keys on Dec. 16.

Now I just have to somehow get better AND pack at the same time?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Oy vey!!!!!!!!! Your life is FULL rite now. I will be praying for u and your family.

    ReplyDelete